While there are many different methods for brewing coffee, the AeroPress is one of our favorites. The AeroPress uses pressure to extract delicious flavors from your favorite beans and it's easier than you may think! If you're looking for a new way to brew your morning cup, keep reading. We will be sharing how to use an AeroPress with step-by-step instructions so that you can start enjoying tasty cups of coffee in no time.
AeroPress coffee has been around for over 40 years, but only recently have people started to understand how to use it properly. Since AeroPress is a quick and easy way to brew coffee, many people assume that the resulting cup will be inferior in quality. However, this couldn't be further from the truth: AeroPress coffee can compete with any other method of brewing and even surpass it in some ways! Read on below for everything you need to know about using an AeroPress.
Step-by-step Guide Brewing with the AeroPress:
- Push the plunger out of the chamber.
- Put filter in filter cap.
- Twist filter cap into chamber.
- Stand chamber on sturdy mug and put one rounded scoop of fine drip grind coffee in chamber.
- Shake to level coffee.
- Add water up to Level 1 on the chamber. 175°F (80°C) water for hot brewing or room temperature water for cold brew.
- Stir about 10 seconds for hot brewing or 1 minute for cold brew.
- Insert plunger and press gently, pausing when you feel resistance, until plunger reaches grounds.
- Remove filter cap, push plunger to eject used coffee and rinse seal.
- Espresso style:
- Drink as is.
- American coffee:
- Add water to fill an 8 oz. (237 ml) mug.
- Add milk to make an 8 oz. (237 ml) latte.
- Cold brew:
- Add room temperature or ice water to make an 8 oz. (237 ml) mug of cold brew.